Thursday, October 29, 2009

Torre del Tartufo, Part 2, Day 5

So tired. I got up early to read and write in the silence, and it was wonderful, but then I fell asleep and missed the departure of the Indian contingent. Bummer.

Lunch was the white duck ragout with homemade pasta with farmer cake for dessert. Coffee break was sweet bread with blueberries baked in (Franco said also to use wine grapes). Dinner was stuffed tomato, cavatelli with broccoli rabe and tomato, turkey scallopine with squash and chestnuts, and tortelli with apples and balsamic vinegar ice cream.

Lars, Pippa, and Nelia arrived today. I think Pippa is the kite, and Lars is the kiteholder. Wonderful people.

Caught another buzzsaw bug with hairspray. I'm near the end of the can, and I have two more nights to go. I hope I have enough. I hope more that the buzzsaw bugs quit flying into my room.

1 comment:

Melissa and Sean said...

sounds like you are having a great time! thanks for all your updates. It's great to see your blog alive again. Can't wait to see you in China