Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fun Weekend!

I didn't have any specific plans this weekend, aside from test driving a Mini Cooper convertible. I LOVED driving it. It's close the ground, so you really feel like you're part of the car, and because it's so small, it's really zippy. I would love to own one, but it's completely impractical. My car is small, but the Cooper convertible is TINY. The space between the backseat and the front seat is literally a couple of inches. And the trunk is only about 4 cubic feet. That's ok, but the way it's configured, there isn't any room for my smallest suitcase. The backseats can be folded down and secured, which increases the trunk space to about 21 cubic feet. The trunk is where they put the CD-changer and MP3 player, so you don't even get to use the full 4 cubic feet. I sort of feel like Mini would have been smarter to make the Cooper convertible a two-seater and done something more practical with the trunk, because all of that space is just wasted.

After the test drive, I went to visit Jennifer and Mark and Natalie. Natalie has started talking, and it's so much fun! She's so cute and so verbal, and she's stringing her words together into sentences. She's still a thrill-seeker, so you can still make her laugh by throwing her in the air or by chasing her or by lying in wait and yelling "BOO!" at her. Good times! Jennifer is very pregnant, and she and Mark are frantically trying to get some stuff done on the house before the baby comes. Selfishly, I hope she has the baby while I'm in town, but man, she's ready to stop being pregnant. And it's really hot outside, so I know she's horribly uncomfortable.

My sister came into town to pick up some more clothes, and we did a little light shopping. I took her to Academy for some new running shoes (I got some new "athletic" slides), and then we went to Best Buy and World Market. I always forget how much I love World Market until I get there. I managed to limit myself to some potato chips and Botan rice candy (YAY!!).

At Best Buy, I bought a USB hub. Why do I need a USB hub? TO PLAY ROCK BAND! After we got home from dinner, I made Judy play with me, and she did not regret it. She was doubtful at first, and then we started to play, and she's a huge Rock Band fan now, too. We even tried doing a song at Medium skill. So fun! We played until 1am. Oops.

The next morning, I meant to get up at 8:30 so we could go for a walk at Memorial Park. That happened, except that I hit snooze and then slept until 11:30. We decided to walk to Discovery Green and then around Minute Maid. So we got 45 minutes in, which is all I was really looking for. I have to start somewhere!!

I made lunch, and then Judy packed up and left. And I have been doing pretty much nothing ever since. Good weekend!

No comments: