Sunday, August 24, 2008

Australia by the numbers

Bottles of wine purchased and packed in suitcase: 4
Bottles of wine making it safely to Houston after connections in LA, Houston, and DC: 4
Wineries visited: 4
Wines tasted: roughly 30
Suits purchased at Country Road: 2
Pieces of new luggage purchased: 2
Cups of cappuccino consumed: roughly 30
Hours spent playing the Baileys' Wii: 2
Hours spent at Korean karaoke bar in Melbourne: 1
Hours spent on a plane for the Oz trip: 48
Times people commented on my lack of a Texas drawl: 5

It was wonderful to be there, because I love Australia, but it's nice to be home, too. Of course, now I'm not home -- I'm in the Air France lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, waiting for my flight to Florence. I think I took a wrong turn somewhere, because I was promised a shower, and there aren't any here. I feel yucky.

In any event, I'll be posting photos from cooking school in Arezzo on Facebook and here. Regrettably, I have no photos from Australia. I'm really bad at remembering to take photos, but I'm going to try really hard in Tuscany.

Dude, French keyboards are tripping me out. There are a few keys that are in different places, and it's seriously slowing me down!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you in Oz!! Enjoy your holiday! Melissa