Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Baseball Game!!

I love baseball. As my friend Kathy said, "Sometimes baseball is just what the doctor ordered." Here's what happened at the Astros game tonight:

* I ate a hot dog. Normally I go with the chili cheese dog, but this time I went with mustard, ketchup, and relish. Delicious!

* I was still hungry, so I got some nachos, too. I didn't eat the whole thing, just a third.

* I had a beer and half. One Miller Lite and one Bud Lite. They both tasted pretty bad.

* There were two 24-year-old girls sitting behind Kathy and me, complaining for 3 innings about how their boyfriends who are studying for the BAR EXAM aren't paying enough attention to them. They made me a little embarassed to be a woman. They spent the next 3 innings complaining about how they don't get enough respect at work. Then they left. THANK GOD.

* The pitcher, Moehler, whom I don't know, pitched 8 2/3 innings. It was FANTASTIC. He let two guys get on base in the 9th, and they pulled him out after his 100th pitch. We gave him a standing ovation when he left the mound.

* I saw Lance Berkman hit the ball into the pitcher's stomach. I'm not saying that's something I want to see every day, but holy moly -- I can't believe Arroyo was able to breathe!

* And then Arroyo hit Berkman. Bad pitcher. Bad.

* Which is ok, because Carlos Lee came up and hit a home run. With the bases loaded. In baseball parlance, we call that a GRAND SLAM. FREAKING AWESOME!!!

* Astros won, 6-2.

I know they're not great, but I love them anyway.

No comments: