Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Short Play About Being 7

Scene: Dining table, Choe household, 10pm. CC is eating a late dinner because all the spring breakers were clogging up the restaurants at IAH.

Mom: It's really good when you put a little of this, a little of that, a piece of this, and a slice of that all in one spoonful.

CC: Ok.

Mom, anxious for CC to try the ideal bite, decides that CC is moving too slowly with a piece of this and a slice of that, and puts them on CC's spoon for her. CC starts cracking up so hard she almost blows food out her nose.

Mom, starting also to laugh: I can't help it! You're my kid! You'll always be 7 to me!

CC, barely able to breathe: I've been writing notes about the things that you and Dad say to me and putting them on Facebook. My friends think you're really cute.

Mom: Like what?

CC: Like the thing about buying me strawberries and you not being able to get up at 4:15, and will I be able to wake up and get breakfast by myself.

Dad, very sincerely: Cat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

No comments: