Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6: What is the difference between being a fan and being a fanatic?

Seriously, this is the prompt?  All right.  I think the difference between being a fan and being a fanatic is the level of devotion and obsessiveness.  My friend, LB, is a fan of Lady Gaga.  She goes to Gaga's concerts when Gaga is in town, she follows Gaga on Twitter, and she listens to Gaga's music and knows all the words.  My friend, LS, is a fanatic about U2.  He has stalked the band all over the world, looks for news about them and their albums obsessively, and has multiple pictures of himself with various band members.  Most of LS's conversations will contain at least two mentions of U2.  If you don't also love U2, he thinks you're stupid. 

That's all I've got on this.  It's hard to write about something that doesn't matter to me.  Catch you tomorrow.

No comments: